SOUTH BEND – ELKHART REGION, Ind. (Mar. 29, 2021) – The South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership (Regional Partnership) recently appointed the following individuals as members of its Board of Directors.
- Shannon Cullinan, Executive Vice President, University of Notre Dame
- Jon Hunsberger, Executive Director, Elkhart County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Phil Smoker, Vice President of Sales, Smoker Craft Inc.
- Laura Walls, President and CEO, Marshall County Economic Development Corporation
“We are fortunate to welcome such extraordinary community and industry leaders to the governing board of the Regional Partnership,” said Regional Partnership Board Chair and Community Foundation of Elkhart County President, Dr. Pete McCown. “Their knowledge, diverse backgrounds, and passion for community and economic development will have an immediate positive impact on our efforts to advance our regional economy.”
The South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership catalyzes economic growth across the South Bend – Elkhart region by improving wages and livability to attract and grow the best industries and workers. This is the shared vision of the Regional Partnership’s Board of Directors, who provide strategic leadership to the organization.
The slate of Board members currently serving on the South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership’s Board of Directors is listed below:
- Dave Behr, Indiana Economic Development Corporation
- Shannon Cullinan, University of Notre Dame
- Michael Daigle, South Bend International Airport
- Larry Garatoni, Garatoni Family Office
- Jon Hunsberger, Elkhart County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Levon Johnson, Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce
- Jim Keenan, Judd Leighton Foundation
- Shelley Klug, Indiana Michigan Power
- Andy Kostielney, St. Joseph County Board of Commissioners
- Chuck Lehman, Lehman & Lehman, Inc.
- Pete McCown, Community Foundation of Elkhart County
- Rose Meissner, Community Foundation of St. Joseph County
- Gary Neidig, ITAMCO
- Kevin Overmyer, Marshall County Board of Commissioners
- Jeff Rea, South Bend Regional Chamber
- Jim Seitz, 1st Source Bank
- Phil Smoker, Smoker Craft Inc.
- Amish Shah, Kem Krest
- Chris Stager, Economic Development Corp. of Elkhart County
- Rebecca Stoltzfus, Goshen College
- James Turnwald, Michiana Area Council of Governments
- Laura Walls, Marshall County Economic Development Corp.
- Suzanne Weirick, Elkhart County Board of Commissioners
For more information on the South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership’s Board of Directors, click here.
About South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership
The South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership is a collaboration of the economic development partners from 47 smart connected communities in northern Indiana and southwest Michigan. The Regional Partnership focuses on a long-term systemic approach to advance the region’s economy by aligning the efforts of various stakeholders around five key areas: Educating a world-class WORKFORCE, Recruiting and retaining great TALENT, Attracting and growing new economy companies in complement to our remarkably strong manufacturing INDUSTRIES, Promoting INCLUSION and sparking opportunities for minorities and Helping ENTREPRENEURS thrive. The Regional Partnership seeks to unify and collaborate so that together, the communities across the region to work together to achieve what cannot be done individually. For more information about the Regional Partnership, visit SouthBendElkhart.org.
South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership