SOUTH BEND, Ind. (Feb. 28, 2023) — The South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership recently appointed the following individuals as members of its Board of Directors.
- Carl Baxmeyer, St. Joseph County Commissioners
- Susan Elrod, Chancellor, Indiana University South Bend
- Greg Hildebrand, Executive Director, Marshall County Economic Development Corporation
With an extensive career in public service, Carl Baxmeyer represents District 1 and serves as the president of the St. Joseph County Board of Commissioners. A former business-owner, he currently works at planning consulting firm Wightman managing the planning department.
Susan Elrod is an experienced biology professor, university administrator, and national leader in STEM higher education and systemic change leadership with over 20 publications ranging on topics from systemic change research and leadership to scientific publications and patents. As Chancellor of Indiana University South Bend, Elrod has improved enrollment management, overall community engagement, and fundraising opportunities.
A Marshall County native, Greg Hildebrand was recently named executive director of the Marshall Country Economic Development Corporation. Previously, he was responsible for planning, development, and implementation of all the organization’s communications, marketing strategies, and public relations activities, both to external and internal interests and markets.
“It’s an honor to have Carl, Susan and Greg join the South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership’s Board of Directors,” said Pete McCown, President of the Community Foundation of Elkhart County and Chair of the South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership’s Board. “Carl has spent decades serving the public good and we expect he will bring his planner’s perspective to the board. With an extensive background in academic leadership, Susan brings a unique vision towards educational needs in our region. And it’s hard to argue that anyone knows the spirit of Marshall County better than Greg, with his background at the EDC, and his time as the managing editor of the Plymouth Pilot News. We are excited to have them on our team.”
The South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership and its Board of Directors recognize and thank outgoing members Jim Keenan, Andy Kostielney, Kristin Pruitt, Rebecca Stoltzfus and Laura Walls for their service and leadership to the board and the South Bend – Elkhart region.
The South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership catalyzes economic growth across the South Bend – Elkhart region by improving wages and livability to attract and grow the best industries and workers. This is the shared vision of the South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership’s Board of Directors, who provide strategic leadership to the organization.
- Carl Baxmeyer, St. Joseph County Commissioners
- Dave Behr, Indiana Economic Development Corporation
- Shannon Cullinan, University of Notre Dame
- Michael Daigle, South Bend International Airport
- Susan Elrod, Indiana University South Bend
- Susan Ford, Graham Allen Partners
- Larry Garatoni, Garatoni Family Office
- Greg Hildebrand, Marshall County Economic Development Corporation
- Jon Hunsberger, Elkhart County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Levon Johnson, Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce
- Shelley Klug, Indiana Michigan Power
- Pete McCown, Community Foundation of Elkhart County
- Rose Meissner, Community Foundation of St. Joseph County
- Gary Neidig, ITAMCO
- Kevin Overmyer, Marshall County Commissioners
- Jeff Rea, South Bend Regional Chamber
- Amish Shah, Kem Krest
- Andrea Short, 1st Source Bank
- Chris Stager, Economic Development Corporation of Elkhart County
- James Turnwald, Michiana Area Council of Governments
- Suzanne Weirick, Elkhart County Commissioners
- Andrew Wiand, enFocus
For more information on the Board of Directors, click here.
About South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership
The South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership is a collaboration of the economic development partners from 47 smart connected communities in northern Indiana and southwest Michigan. The South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership focuses on a long-term systemic approach to advance the region’s economy by aligning the efforts of various stakeholders around five key areas: educating a world-class workforce, recruiting and retaining great talent, attracting and growing new economy companies in complement to our remarkably strong manufacturing industries, promoting inclusion and sparking opportunities for minorities and helping entrepreneurs thrive. The South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership seeks to unify and collaborate so that together, the communities across the region to work together to achieve what cannot be done individually. For more information about the Regional Partnership, visit SouthBendElkhart.org.
South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership