SOUTH BEND - ELKHART REGION (Nov. 30, 2021) -- On Wednesday, December 1, 2021, at 9:30 AM EST, regional representatives of the South Bend – Elkhart region will present the region’s READI Proposal, “Smart, Connected Communities 2030” to the Indiana Economic Development Corporation and members of the READI review committee.
Individuals who will be presenting on behalf of the South Bend – Elkhart region and participating in the Q&A portion of the meeting include:
- Shannon Cullinan, Executive Vice President, University of Notre Dame
- Andrew Wiand, Executive Director, enFocus
- Kristin Pruitt, Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, Lake City Bank
- Amish Shah, President and Chief Executive Officer, Kem Krest
- Pete McCown, President, Community Foundation of Elkhart County
- Randy Danielson, Planning Team and Co-Chair, Marshall County Crossroads and Rees Theatre Project Committee
- John DeSalle, Executive Engineer in Residence, Industry Labs, University of Notre Dame
- Regina Emberton, President and Chief Executive Officer, South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership
- Tim Sexton, Associate Vice President for Public Affairs, University of Notre Dame
The South Bend – Elkhart region is one of 17 regions that submitted regional development plans to be considered for funding from the Indiana Regional Economic Acceleration and Development Initiative (READI). This is the second of three meetings during which each region will have the opportunity to present its vision, goals, and strategies to positively impact the area’s quality of place and quality of life, innovation, entrepreneurship, and talent attraction and development.
Wednesday, Dec. 1 Schedule:
8:30 - 9:20 AM – Greater Lafayette Region
9:30 - 10:20 AM – South Bend - Elkhart Regional Development Authority
10:30 - 11:20 AM – Northwest Indiana Forum
1:00 - 1:50 AM – Wabash River Regional Development Authority
2:00 - 2:50 AM – 70-40 Greater Mt. Comfort Corridor
3:00 - 3:50 AM – North Central Regional Planning Commission
Each presentation will be recorded and posted to IndianaREADI.com.
Dallara IndyCar Factory
1201 N. Main St.
Speedway, IN 46224
Presentations will be live-streamed via this Zoom link. Virtual participants will be muted and unable to communicate with presenters.
Visitor parking is available in the lot behind the building.
All media must RSVP to Melissa Thomas at email@example.com by 8:00 AM Wednesday and will be required to check in upon arrival.
Launched by Gov. Holcomb and led by the IEDC, READI builds on the framework and successes of the Indiana Regional Cities Initiative and the 21st Century Talent Initiative, encouraging regional collaboration and data-driven, long-term planning that, when implemented, will attract and retain talent in Indiana. More information on the READI review committee, as well as links to download the regions’ proposals, is available at IndianaREADI.com.
South Bend – Elkhart Regional Partnership